Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Interval 5

Misunderstandings can, sometimes, be funny, hurtful, or cause a lot of anger. I’ve had multiple misunderstandings throughout my dreadful life. One I will never forget was when I overheard my sister, Tiffany, talking about pregnancy with my mom.
It was on October 13, 2006, and I was in my red, comfy room browsing the internet. I was starving so I figured I was going to go get something to devour on. While I was walking out my dark room, I overheard my sister talking to my mom about pregnancy. As soon as I heard the word ‘pregnancy’, I concluded that my sister was pregnant because I’ve never heard my sister discuss that, especially with my mom.
While I was making myself something to eat, I couldn’t help but think, “ Wow ! My sister is actually pregnant ! That’s a big shocker ! ”
After I finished eating, I went back to browsing on the internet. I started to do some research on the symptoms and how to care for pregnant people. I began to help my sister with many tasks. I was nicer to her too.
This went on for a couple of weeks. Then one day, she noticed I was being too nice. She gasped, “ What’s up with you ? How come you’ve been so nice lately ? What do you want ? ”
I responded kind of mad, “ Nothing. Gosh ! So you have any big news you wanna tell me ? ”
“ Nope. Why ? ” Tiffany replied.
“ Are you kidding me ? You’re pregnant and not even gonna tell me ! I heard you talking to mom about pregnancy ! ”

“ Oh my gosh ! No, I’m not pregnant. I was talking about Kryme. She thought she was prego, but she’s not. ”
I laughed and felt bad. I gave my sister a gigantic hug and said, “ Sowwie ! ”
After all that misunderstanding, we went out to eat and couldn’t stop giggling. My gorgeous mother laughed when she heard the story.
From this misunderstanding, I learned not to come to a conclusion when I hear something. I am very happy my sister is not pregnant, but it would’ve been nice to have a nephew or niece. I guess you can say my misunderstanding was funny. What about you ? Have you ever had a funny, hurtful, or anger causing misunderstanding
?

No comments: